Thursday, November 1, 2012

I hear voices...

I hear voices...and no I'm not crazy (I think)!

I really mean it-I hear voices.  And these voices are coming to me most of the time when I make a decision to SIN.  Yes, I said it.  A DECISION to sin.

It goes like this:
Person: "Blah, Blah, Blah...gossip, gossip, gossip."
Me: "Blah, Blah-*insert voice in my head saying 'you know better' & quick decision to continue*.....gossip, gossip, gossip"

And folks, it just isn't when I'm tempted to gossip.
This voice comes to me:
1. When I wake up ("Oh, good morning, checking facebook before your devotional?")
2. On my way to work ("Oh, you have a lot to do? Too much on your mind?  Hard day ahead?  Turn down your music and pray.")
4. When I'm listening to others complain ("Tell them it could be worse.  Give them a different point of view").

You know where I'm getting at.  This ain't your ordinary angel/devil on the shoulder talking. It's the Holy Spirit.  And here lately I've noticed that when I'm tempted... He's right there giving ME advice and guiding ME through my day.

Everyday I'm faced with decisions.  From the time I wake up (what's for breakfast?) until the time I come home from work (what's for dinner? what do I need to clean, do, etc.?).  I decide what comes out of my mouth (is it kind? necessary?).  I decide my actions.  I also decide how I'm going to react to what I hear.   

I ultimately decide if I am going to let sin control me or if I am going to let Jesus guide me.

The decisions I make are not always the right ones.  Sometimes my actions are influenced by the good decision I make when I hear that voice.  What does that mean? Why???

I truly feel the more in the Word you are (aka: reading your bible, having more quiet time with God, etc.) that you will feel His presence more deeply.  The more you know and ponder on what you've learned from scripture can lead you to make (good, better, the best) decisions that before you felt had no choice.  You go from the mentality of "Oh, I'm just a 'talker'-I've always been.  I can't help it when I gossip"...to... "Is what I am about to say helpful? Is it necessary?  Is it kind?"

Do you hear voices?  

I know what is GOOD.  I know what is BAD.  I also know what is GODLY.  

What decisions are you making that impact your relationship with God? 

In this month of THANKSGIVING, I'm going to admit that I'm thankful for the voices in my head.  They make me see the straight path ahead.  Because without God's guidance, I'm clearly lost.  

I want you to prayerfully consider your week(end) ahead.  What choices will you face?  Will you CHOOSE God's way or another way?  Because, friends, in the end, there is only ONE way.  Amen?  Amen!



Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.
Hebrews 10:36   


Be careful that you do not refuse to listen to the One who is speaking. For if the people of Israel did not escape when they refused to listen to Moses, the earthly messenger, we will certainly not escape if we reject the One who speaks to us from heaven!
Hebrews 12:25




No comments:

Post a Comment